HELP’s 24-hour crisis service provides counselling, information, and support to women, children, and families who have experienced sexual violence either recently or in the past. The service includes supporting clients through police procedures and medical processes.
Our Crisis Team based in Mt Eden is currently looking for qualified psychotherapists, psychologists or counselors, preferably with at least 12 months post-qualifying experience, to join our all women team. Additional training and/or experience in sexual trauma recovery is a definite advantage, however, induction and training will be provided. All roles will be providing support for survivors of sexual assault in both historical and acute incidents which includes crisis response and interventions and support on our 24/7 crisis line.
All roles involve working with Police, MEDSAC Doctors, phone counselling & support, referrals and face-to-face crisis sessions.
Day Crisis Team (approx. 25 hours/week) – This role involves working on a Monday morning and a minimum of 3 selected shifts during the day, Monday through Friday.
After Hours Crisis Team (approx. 25 hours/week) – This role involves working on a Monday morning and a minimum of 3 selected shifts over weekends and between the hours of 6pm-8am during the week.
Child and Adolescents Crisis Response (Full-Time Monday-Friday) – This role is specifically working with children and adolescents who have experienced sexual harm to support them and their family/whanau. The focus of this role is to work with client(s) and their family/whanau to obtain the desired social and emotional wellbeing and recovery through management of the issues that are caused by trauma.
Relevant experience / skills required:
• Working with survivors of trauma and/or sexual violence and knowledge of crisis intervention strategies
• Have an understanding of the impact & effects of sexual violence
• Articulate thinking around feminist philosophy
• Demonstrate commitment to Te Tiriti O Waitangi.
• Have an understanding and appreciation of teamwork and team dynamics
• Have excellent communication and administration skills
• Well skilled in keeping client records and proficient at using and understanding online database systems, including data entry and reporting
• NZQA approved qualification in the field of counselling, psychology or psychotherapy (Only applications with relevant qualifications will be considered)
• Member of a NZ professional counselling, psychotherapy or psychology governing body
If you’re interested in joining our Team, please email your CV and cover letter as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the title of the role in which you are interested in the subject line.