• Based at Lagoon Pool & Leisure Centre, Panmure
• Two permanent part or full time positions, 20-40 hours a week on a rotating roster
• Great benefits including full gym membership across multiple locations
Love the water? Take the plunge and become a Lifeguard! Full training and support provided in a large organisation with options for career development and progression.
As a Lifeguard you will provide safe, quality supervision and support for pool users and maintain a clean and safe pool environment. There are multiple lifeguard positions available within the Lagoon team; they will work around rostered shifts including some weekend hours.
The shifts available are Mon-Fri 5am-1:30pm or 1:30pm–9:15pm, Sat & Sun 7:30am-4pm or 2pm-7:15pm.
About the role
A typical day will include supervising pool users, ensuring a safe and fun environment for all. You’ll rotate around different stations and pools – indoors, outdoors, and the hydro slide, all while interacting and building relationships with our customers and being looked up to as a hero by many of our young swimmers.
Skills & Experience
We will provide full training but you will need to bring:
• Confidence swimming – there will be a swim test involved
• Enthusiasm and responsibility
• Ability to work effectively across all cultures and ages
• Strong communication and high work standards
• A team player attitude
• Effective problem solving and ability to think and act fast
• Experience in a customer service role, or similar
• Full training provided – you will gain a PLPC (Pool Lifeguard Practising Certificate)
• Ongoing training and professional development provided
• Opportunity to build your career within the YMCA
• Full gym membership across multiple locations
Y-Not Join Our Fun & Passionate Team?
If a career working with Lagoon Pool appeals to you and you have the skills and attributes we are looking for, please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
YMCA Auckland is committed to Child Protection and the safeguarding of children and young people in our care and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent.
The successful applicant will need to return a satisfactory Police Record Check before commencement of Employment.
About the Organisation
You probably know the song but did you also know that YMCA employs around 700 employees across Auckland, Hamilton and Tauranga! We have a diverse range of operations including facility management, health and fitness, early childhood education, OSCAR, accommodation, camps & outdoors, recreation, aquatic, fundraising, education and youth programmes. We provide something for everyone!
As a not for profit, for over 150 years YMCA has been about families, not profits. Join us and know that you’re contributing to building strong kids, families and communities now and for many years to come.
YMCA is able to offer great opportunities for personal development and career advancement. We provide real career pathways and job opportunities in a fun, community focused environment.
We are proud to have a great mix of people of all ages and cultures within our teams who love their work and all contribute to our diverse company culture. We live by our values of Caring, Honesty, Respect & Responsibility.
Please forward your CV and cover letter to our Recruitment Team email@example.com
Don’t delay! We will be assessing applications as they are received.