Please come and join us for our next Volunteering Expo!
11am – 1pm, Wednesday 15th May
at Te Puna
- To gain new skills
- To meet new and interesting people
- To add work experience for your CV
- To develop self confidence
- To increase your network of contacts
- To try out something new
- To give to the community
- To become involved
- To help people
- To do something worthwhile
- Put your study into practice
This year come and meet Volunteer organisations such as … Coastguard, Auckland City Mission, Plunket, Habitat for Humanity, Conservation Volunteers and many more!
Volunteering Auckland – www.volunteeringauckland.org.nz
Recruitment and Referral organisation for the Not for Profit sector with a wide range of voluntary roles available from over 200 community organisations across Auckland.
NZ Breast Cancer Foundation – www.nzbcf.org.nz
Fundraising events to raise awareness (Pink Ribbon Street Appeal, Pink Star Walk),
event planning, coordination, social media, administration support.
Conservation Volunteers – www.conservationvolunteers.co.nz
Projects in the NZ outdoors including wildlife monitoring, habitat conservation, tree planting, track construction and maintenance.
Lonely Miaow Association – www.lonelymiaow.co.nz
Fostering cats, rescue, rehabilitation, events (annual book fair), writing, PR,
graphic design, fundraising, administration.
MOTAT – www.motat.org.nz
Engineering, maintenance of museum artefacts, conducting tours, conservation, restoration, customer service, exhibition hosting, research.
Special Olympics – www.specialolympics.org.nz
Opportunities, to enhance the lives of people who have an intellectual impairment,
through coaching in a range of sports, team management, IT, and club administration.
You will be inspired!
Youthline – www.youthline.co.nz
Train to become a Youthline Volunteer Helpline Counsellor, face to face counselling available as well as many programmes for youth development, with ongoing training for volunteers. Help out at events.
A few other great organisations that take on volunteers:
- Brothers in Arms – http://brothersinarms.org.nz
- Discovery for Teens – www.discoveryforteens.org.nz
- Friends of Oakley Creek Te Auaunga – www.oakleycreek.org.nz
- Girl Guiding NZ – www.girlguidingnz.org.nz
- Heart Foundation – www.heartfoundation.org.nz
- Henderson Riding for the Disabled – www.hendersonrda.org.nz
- Hospice West Auckland– www.wah.org.nz
- IT’s Accessible – email@example.com
- Oxfam – www.oxfam.org.nz
- Red Cross – www.redcross.org.nz
- Rotary: Western Springs – www.rotary.org.nz
- Special Olympic – www.specialolympics.org.nz
- Victim Support – www.victimsupport.org.nz
- YMCA Mt Albert– www.ymcaauckland.org.nz
- Youthline – www.youthline.co.nz