It is really important to prepare before you go to an interview. The preparation should include the following:
- Research the organisation and the position you are applying for by
- Looking through their website
- Gathering information from the organisation itself (promotional/recruitment literature, newspapers, annual reports)
- Requesting a job description
- Talking to current or past employees
- Match your skills with the position, identifying your strengths to discuss during the interview
- Read over your CV
- Have some questions prepared to ask them
- Practise your answers to commonly asked questions as well as behavioural questions.
The more preparation you do the more confident you will be at the interview. The main thing to remember about interviews, is Practise, Practise, Practise!
See information sheet Interview Preparation Handout 2018