Heart Foundation Big Heart Appeal
Area Coordinator Roles
Friday 19 and Saturday 20 February 2021
The Heart Foundation are looking for big-hearted volunteer Area Coordinators to play a key role in the organisation of our biggest fundraiser of the year – the Big Heart Appeal!
Heart disease is New Zealand’s single biggest killer and claims the life of one person every 90 minutes. Many of these deaths are premature and preventable. Donations raised through the Big Heart Appeal will fund cutting-edge research into heart disease and specialist training for New Zealand cardiologists.
About the role:
Volunteer Area Coordinators coordinate the street collection in their local areas for the Big Heart Appeal on Friday 19 and Saturday 20 February 2021. They are an essential link between the Heart Foundation and a team of volunteers who generously give up their time to collect donations at various sites in their local area.
Our Big Heart Appeal team will assist you along the way and will provide everything you will need for a successful collection, including a detailed brief beforehand, volunteer rosters, street collection equipment and site permits.
• Liaise with and provide support for volunteer street collectors in your area during the street collection.
• Assist with the recruitment of volunteers for your area by tapping into your network of friends and family.
• Receive and distribute street collector equipment (buckets, bibs, stickers and bank bags) to the volunteers and arrange the return of street collector equipment to the Heart Foundation after the street collection days
• Visiting the sites in your area to ensure everything is running smoothly during the two days of the street collection.
• Arrange banking of the donated funds to your closest BNZ bank.
• Being the first point of contact for volunteer street collectors and trouble-shooting any issues that may arise on the two appeal days.
Skills and requirements:
• Passionate and aligned with the Heart Foundation’s mission and the heart health cause
• A reliable and organised self-starter
• Excellent communication skills
• Confident when coordinating a team of volunteers
• Basic email skills
• Current driver’s licence (access to a vehicle would be preferable).
• You will need to have regular access to email, the internet and a working mobile phone
• Please note that expenses for pre-approved local travel can be compensated.
We look forward to hearing from you.
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0800 244 432