Healthcare Assistant – Student Nurses
We have a fantastic opportunity for student Nurses Y2 and Y3 to work as Healthcare Assistants as part of the Medacs Nursing Team. A chance to put your clinical studies into practise and earn money alongside your busy student schedule. You will enjoy flexible agency shifts across both the public hospitals and private hospital settings!
Working alongside experienced RN’s and Allied Health Professionals you will be responsible for all care duties for your patients including personal hygiene and helping those who need it to eat their meals with dignity. You will be the eyes and ears of the RN and report any changes in patient condition as well as documenting general observations.
As a Healthcare Assistant you will also look after the general cleanliness of the ward through cleaning and restocking of supplies. Bed making and assisting the Nurse in any other duties. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in many different clinical wards!
Skills & Experience
• NZ enrolled Student Nurses – currently enrolled in a New Zealand nursing course.
• Ideally Y2 and Y3 but will consider Y1 on case by case basis
• Current CPR, Basic Life Support or First Aid Certification
• Must be eligible to work in NZ with appropriate immigration visa
Culture & Reward
As part of the Medacs Healthcare Specialist Nursing Team you will enjoy:
• Competitive market rates PLUS 8% holiday pay
• Freedom to choose your own shift schedule around your studies
• Regular social events to meet other Medacs Agency Staff and become part of the Medacs Community
• Referral bonus of $250
To apply in the strictest of confidence, please contact Beth Souter (Recruitment Consultant) by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling me directly on 09 623 8013.
I look forward to speaking with you!