Graduate Civil Engineering Technician
Port of Tauranga is New Zealand’s largest port and international freight gateway. In Tauranga, we boast a diverse and extensive property portfolio which spans across 190 hectares of land.
Our facilities include the country’s largest and fastest-growing container terminal, extensive bulk cargo wharves and storage facilities, bunker berths, and infrastructure to host 24.5 million tonnes of annual import and export cargo. This includes roading and rail networks, operational plant, buildings and amenities.
An opportunity has arisen for a motivated individual to join the Port’s Property & Infrastructure Team which is responsible for maintenance and development of our asset portfolio. The role reports directly to our Property Services Manager and would suit a recent or upcoming graduate.
This is a full time Monday-Friday position which will require tasks to be undertaken both in the field and in the office, including:
• survey and maintenance works;
• preparation of AutoCAD drawings;
• supervision of contractors undertaking specialised engineering work;
• compliance monitoring, including environmental and safety compliance.
To be successful in your application, you will be:
• An excellent communicator, including written communicator;
• Passionate about learning new skills and developing your expertise across a range of civil engineering disciplines;
• Confident to perform tasks on and around water;
• Confident to work in heavy industrial areas;
• An innovative problem solver with great attention to detail;
• Able to deal with people in a professional and considerate manner;
• Able to work in both a team environment and unsupervised;
• Computer literate and able to prepare engineering drawings;
• Strongly focused on health, safety and the environment; and
• Positive and approachable.
The successful applicant for this role will currently hold or be working towards a suitable tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering or similar. A current drivers licence and legal entitlement to work in New Zealand are also required.
It is anticipated that the successful candidate will begin with us after the 2019 academic year, or earlier if appropriate.
The role will offer a range of diverse development opportunities through mentorship and exposure to the different aspects of civil engineering.
Port of Tauranga is the natural gateway to and from international markets for many of New Zealand’s businesses. We are determined to continue to lead, develop and grow through innovation and commitment to the highest quality service. If you believe you could make a valuable contribution to our team, we invite you to apply for this role by submitting your CV and a Cover Letter to the application portal below:
Port of Tauranga is a drug and alcohol free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test and background checks.
Applications close Monday 2nd September. Preferred candidates will be contacted via email for an interview.