Are you currently studying to be an Early Childhood Teacher?
YMCA Early Learning Centre in Massey are looking for the right person to join their friendly team.
This is an amazing opportunity to earn while you learn, offering flexibility to work while you are studying in a part time capacity (20+ hours rostered Mon-Fri) with support and guidance from Qualified Teachers.
We have a wonderful family feel at our centre, with a focus on developing a nature rich environment.
About the role
As a teacher in training in our centre you will:
• Facilitate learning opportunities for the children, with support from Qualified Teachers
• Make a positive difference in the lives of the children and families who come to our centre
• Supervise children’s activities and learning
• Work in a vibrant & natural environment
• Be part of a friendly family and community focused team
• Support curriculum based learning ( Te Whāriki )
• Document Learning Stories through Storypark
• Reflect teaching practices through interlead connector
Skills & Experience
We are looking for a teacher in training, currently studying Early Childhood Education who has a strong empathy for children, their development and cultural background, is a great communicator, positive and enthusiastic with a strong sense of community.
We are looking for someone who is :
• Currently studying towards becoming a Qualified Early Childhood Teacher
• Enthusiastic with an excellent work ethic
• Focused being a co-constructor of learning with children through their interests
• Physically active, able to get down to the children’s level and engage in a range of activities
• Passionate about becoming an Early Childhood Educator –previous experience working in an Early Childhood Centre would be advantageous.
YMCA offers a great range of staff benefits including;
• On-site parking
• A free gym membership, including an on-site gym at Massey
• Discounts on a range of YMCA programmes
• Staff training and development- Coaching, mentoring & professional development and career progression
Y-Not Join Our Fun and Passionate Team?
If a career working with YMCA Early Learning Centre at Massey appeals to you and you have the skills and attributes we are looking for, please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com now!
YMCA Auckland is committed to Child Protection and the safeguarding of children and young people in our care and it is our expectation that all staff will operate in a way that reflects this intent.
The successful applicant will need to return a satisfactory Police Record Check before commencement of Employment.
About the Organisation
You probably know the song but did you also know that YMCA employs around 700 employees across Auckland, Hamilton and Tauranga! We have a diverse range of operations including facility management, health and fitness, early childhood education, OSCAR, accommodation, camps & outdoors, recreation, aquatic, fundraising, education and youth programmes. We provide something for everyone!
As a not for profit, for over 150 years YMCA has been about families, not profits. Join us and know that you’re contributing to building strong kids, families and communities now and for many years to come.
YMCA is able to offer great opportunities for personal development and career advancement. We provide real career pathways and job opportunities in a fun, community focused environment.
We are proud to have a great mix of people of all ages and cultures within our teams who love their work and all contribute to our diverse company culture. We live by our values of Respect, Responsibility, Honesty & Caring.
Please forward your CV and cover letter to our Recruitment Team firstname.lastname@example.org now!