Accounting & Bookkeeping Tutor
Full time: 37.5 hours
Hours: Monday to Friday between 9:30 and 5:30
Location: Based in the Parnell office in Auckland.
Who we are:
The Career Academy is an emerging force within the online education industry in the Australia and New Zealand market, as well as in the United Kingdom and Ireland, and we are looking for a tutor to guide students on their path to success. We strive to make the learning experience as engaging and stimulating as possible and pride ourselves on our industry recognised courses. Our education driven team are committed to providing exceptional online courses and personal tutor support.
For this full-time position, we’re looking for a driven professional to walk our students through the different concepts of accounting and bookkeeping. We are not an ordinary education provider; we focus on delivering flexible online post-secondary education to those who are looking for a more hands-on approach to their learning experience. All of our courses are 100% online and as such the role will require a lot of email and phone support.
No two days are the same at The Career Academy, but generally you will:
• Mark student assessments.
• Offer students technical phone and email assistance.
• Answer student queries and provide positive and encouraging student support.
• Assist with the improvement and implementation of systems and processes.
• Undertake regular ad-hoc projects, e.g. review of new course content (special interest projects).
• Provide feedback on course content and assessments to ensure we are providing students with an outstanding online learning experience.
What you’ll need to succeed:
• Experience in an accounting or bookkeeping role, and/or an undergraduate degree in an accounting-related field or AAT Professional Qualification.
• Experience with Xero and/or MYOB.
• A passion to assist others.
• Great written and spoken English.
• The ability to work collaboratively and constructively with colleagues.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Advanced MS Office skills (especially Outlook, Excel and Word).
• Ability to work with a variety of people across multiple time zones.
• Able to take instruction and capable of critical thought/problem solving skills.
• Passion for education and learning.
• Commitment to business process improvement.
• Positive attitude and motivated.
• Comfortable using a computer all day long.
To apply send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org